Friday, January 31, 2014

Big Thoughts on Tiny Homes

When I first got divorced I moved back in with my parents for a month or so. I showed them this video. This is the tour of this guys tiny house. I think his is under 100 sq feet. 


Living in a tiny home or an RV has always been a dream of mine. I'd like to travel for a year or so with my tiny house.. and then buy land somewhere in the woods and build a bigger cabin. I don't know the hows at all. I don't even know how to build one. How I will afford to travel, or how to even afford it at all. Luckily it's something I want, and I can trust that it will happen.

I'm excited to now be with someone who shares the dream of a tiny home with me! Before Sterling and I met he had similar plans of traveling in a home similar to this. It was one of the thing we talked about on our first date even! He's been looking for a new job that will help teach him how to build. He's applied to a few construction places and we are hoping he gets the job soon. He will basically be an apprentice, and learn to build houses from the ground up. It will totally come in handy when we want to build our Tiny Home and cabin one day.

Sterling and I have a board on Pinterest  dedicated to our trailer and our Tiny Home ideas.




I don't normally use pinterest, but when I do I go a little crazy. Especially on single projects like a tiny home. Have you ever thought about a tiny home? Or RV living? 
What are some must have things you will have? I'd love to hear some of your ideas and tips! 


View More:
 

2 comments:

  1. Right now I have a single room, with my mattress on the floor in the closet to maximize space. I think I should buy a loft bed, because that would really help out. I'm going to see if I find any other ideas on your Pinterest board. For one thing, I know I have way more furniture than this room should have in it, but I use it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a friend and i are currently driving to south america in a camper on the back of a pickup. check out our blog at mikeandharmonytraveltheworld.blogspot.ca :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Be sure to leave a link to YOUR blog so I can come say hi! xoxo